There have been a number of changes to the KS4 Performance Tables which have come into play, which mean that the declared outcomes for this year group cannot be compared like for like with those of previous years. For example:
The 5 A*-C figure can include a maximum of 2 GCSE equivalent qualifications (BTEC, etc.)
- Multiple grades in the same subject will only count once (e.g., double award Health & Social Care = 1 GCSE)
- GCSE English discounts GCSE English literature
- Subjects with a similar content discount each other (e.g. Drama, Performing arts & dance; art – graphics; BTEC Sport –GCSE PE)
- Only the first entry in year 11 will count (so if a student sat GCSE Maths in November of Y11 and got a grade D, then re-sat in June and got a C, the D grade would count in the Performance Tables).
This report therefore includes three calculations:
- The Declared figure – 5 A*-C including English and Maths which follows all of the above rules and will be published in the Performance Tables.
- The Actual figure – – 5 A*-C including English and Maths which follows all of the above rules except first entry, and shows students’ actual outcomes in English and maths, regardless of whether they re-sat in June.
- The Like-for-Like figure – 5 A*-C including English and Maths which follows the rules for 2013 to provide a genuine comparison to previous years.
5 A*-C Including English & Maths
|National(2013)||2012||2013||2014 Like for Like||2014 Declared||2014Actual|
NB: English Baccalaureate is A*-C grades in English, Maths, 2 Sciences, 1 Humanities (History or Geography) 1 Modern Foreign Language.
|3 Levels Progress English||93||95.4||69|
|3 Levels Progress Maths||85.6||85.3||70|