KS4 Options for Year 10, September 2017
- The English Baccalaureate (Ebacc): the government believes that every student should study the following subjects: History or Geography and a Modern Foreign Language, as well as the core of Science, Maths and English. Ebacc subjects are highlighted in dark green.
- Entry requirements apply for the following subjects marked with *: Psychology, Computer Science, Sociology, Astronomy.
- The following subjects are very heavily weighted with coursework and require a lot of time to complete; due to this, students should take a maximum of 2 of these subjects (see also note 4 below): Engineering, Graphics, Art, Construction, Resistant Materials, Textiles.
- The following subjects are now strands of the same reformed GCSE and cannot be taken together: Art, Graphics, Photography; Music and Music Technology; GCSE PE and BTEC Sport.
- Options may not run in certain blocks if there are insufficient numbers of students opting for a particular subject, but we will always try our best to accommodate students’ choices.
Alternative Curriculum Routes
Students on these routes are advised to do 2 or 3 options from the blocks above. Additional lessons will be devoted to curriculum support with literacy, numeracy, personal and social