The diploma suite is equivalent to two A levels and can be studied alongside other A levels. Designed in collaboration with experts spanning the breadth of the sector, the Cambridge Technicals in Sport and Physical Activity focuses on the skills, knowledge and understanding that today’s universities and employers demand.
What will I study?
- Body Systems (exam)
- Sports Coaching and Physical Activity Leadership
- Sports Organisation and Development (exam)
- Health and Fitness Testing for Sport and Physical Activity
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Working Safely in Sport, Excercise, Health and Exercise (exam)
- Performance Analysis in Sport and Exercise
- Organisation of Sporting Events
- Excercise for Specific Groups
- Practical Skills in Sport and Physical Activities
- Sports Psychology
How will I be assessed?
For the diploma suite, you will be assessed by exams and coursework. There are 11 units of work, 3 exam units and 8 coursework units.
Where can it lead?
These qualifications aim to develop students’ knowledge, understanding and skills of the essentials of Sport and Physical Activity. Students will gain an insight into the Sport and Physical Activity industry. Designed in collaboration with industry experts the qualifications focus on the requirements that today’s employers demand.
Mr J Moorhouse
Mr A Rawlin – Faculty Leader
Mr S Hall
Mr K Reynolds
Mr A Lintin
Mrs C Turton