At Wickersley School and Sports college, we aim to fulfil a set of strategic goals set out by the department of education with regards to the careers programme and the support and advice we offer within the school.
- All schools to begin working toward the Gatsby Benchmarks, meeting them by the end of 2020.
- All schools to have a named Careers Leader in place by September 2018.
- Schools and colleges should offer every young person in years 7 – 13 at least one encounter a year by 2020.
- Schools and colleges to have access to an Enterprise Adviser by the end of 2020.
- All schools should have in place a link governor for careers.
- Every school must ensure that there is an opportunity for a range of education and training providers to access all pupils in year 8 to year 13.