Music Department Aims
- Students have the opportunity to fully participate in music lessons, providing it is financially viable.
- Students are supported in selecting the appropriate instrument that they wish to learn.
- The physical environment allows students to have a range of lessons in a suitable surrounding.
- Staff, students and parents are aware of the commitment that learning an instrument will have on the school timetable and the advised level of commitment required out of school hours.
Instrumental tuition is provided weekly for 37 weeks per year by peripatetic music teachers. These staff are carefully selected and well-qualified specialist teachers.
Lessons last 20 minutes and are on a one to one basis.
All instruments must be covered by an adequate insurance policy of accidental damage, loss or theft. Wickersley School and Sports College is unable to accept liability for any loss or damage to instruments.
Please ensure your son/daughter’s instrument is clearly labelled with his/her name and address. Instruments should be left at the appropriate place in the Music Department and should be taken home at the end of each day.
Fees For Lessons
Each pupil is to pay a set contribution towards the cost of lessons (the rest will be subsidised by the school).
Fees for the instruments below are £123.00 per term, per instrument. (Drums are £10.00 per lesson).
|Drum Kit||Piano||Keyboard||Acoustic/Electric Guitar||Voice|
How to Pay
Our finance department will activate a payment on parent pay or barcoded letters will be available to make payment via PAYPOINT. Some of our instrument lesson payments are to be made direct to the tutor.
PLEASE NOTE WE CAN NOT ACCEPT ANY CASH/CHEQUE PAYMENT DIRECTLY THROUGH SCHOOL. Please contact our finance office if you are experiencing difficulties in making payment.
Ask a member of staff about music lessons or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 minute lessons
- 37 lessons per year
- Pupils come out of normal lessons
- Lesson Timetables on rotation
- Pupils expected to attend extra curricular activities
* See Payment Fees for further details
Students receiving instrumental tuition at Wickersley School and Sports College are encouraged to attend at least one extracurricular activity per week.
Music groups are often asked to play at local events within the community and students are expected to take part in these occasions.
Currently, these include:
- Wednesday After School- Wickersley Concert Band
- Thursday 2nd Break – Percussion Group
- Friday After School – Wickids Vocal Group
- Mr Hobson (Guitar)
- Miss Thickett (Piano & Voice)
- Mr Kohut (Drums)
- Mrs Bingham (Brass & Woodwind)